GGV Capital is a multi-stage venture capital firm investing in the U.S. and China. Founded in 2000, GGV manages $3.8 billion across eight funds. The firm’s funds have consistently performed in the top quartile for venture capital and private equity, with 19 IPOs and 19 M&As since 2010. GGV consistently builds category leaders in the key sectors of Frontier Tech, E-Commerce, O2O and SaaS/Cloud. The portfolio includes some of the industry’s most notable companies, including Alibaba, Airbnb, Boxed, Didi Chuxing, Domo, DraftKings, eHang, Grab, Houzz, Musical.ly, OpenDoor, Poshmark, Slack, Square, Wish, Xiaohongshu, Xiaomi ecosystem companies, Zendesk, and more.
GGV Capital is a multi-stage venture capital firm founded in 2000, focused on China and the U.S., with $3.8 billion under management across eight funds. The Firm has a targeted investment strategy, focusing on the most dynamic tech-enabled sectors including e-commerce and new retail, cloud, frontier technology and disruptions to traditional industries. GGV Capital currently manages a growing investment portfolio that now includes more than 170 companies. GGV Capital is a top quartile performer and ranked amongst the best venture capital firms globally.
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst, who will support the firm’s initiatives with a variety of financial and data analysis at the levels of the portfolio companies as well as the funds. This role is data-intensive and the candidate should be very comfortable working with large sets of data.
- Prepare, manage, and optimize the data collection process for all US and China portfolio companies.
- Extract and analyze financial and operational data from portfolio company financial statements (P&L, BS, and CF), operating metric spreadsheets, and other data sets.
- Manage and maintain GGV Capital’s data warehouses, dashboards, and reporting templates for both portfolio level and fund level reporting and analyses.
- Contribute to new analyses and visualizations based on ad-hoc requests from the Investment Team, Investor Relations team, Finance team, and other GGV functions.
- Participate in analyzing information regarding each of GGV’s portfolio companies, including (a) their financial condition and revenue/profit/cash flow performance; (b) the valuation, capitalization, liquidation preferences, and significant terms of each round of financing; and (c) qualitative information related to management, product/service, market conditions, and competition.
- Additional duties and responsibilities commensurate with demonstrated abilities.
Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with emphasis in related areas such as finance, economics, accounting, and/or statistics;
- 2 years of relevant experience performing data and financial analysis in investment banking, public accounting, FP&A, or similar activities;
- Strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy; High-quality consciousness and attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills;
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint; Skills in Access, SQL, Tableau, and coding in relevant languages such as Python a plus;
- Ability to read Chinese financial statements, and fluency in Mandarin, is strongly preferred;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, resourceful, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- High initiative, self-starter requiring minimum supervision;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.