GGV Capital is a multi-stage venture capital firm investing in the U.S. and China. Founded in 2000, GGV manages $3.8 billion across eight funds. The firm’s funds have consistently performed in the top quartile for venture capital and private equity, with 19 IPOs and 19 M&As since 2010. GGV consistently builds category leaders in the key sectors of Frontier Tech, E-Commerce, O2O and SaaS/Cloud. The portfolio includes some of the industry’s most notable companies, including Alibaba, Airbnb, Boxed, Didi Chuxing, Domo, DraftKings, eHang, Grab, Houzz, Musical.ly, OpenDoor, Poshmark, Slack, Square, Wish, Xiaohongshu, Xiaomi ecosystem companies, Zendesk, and more.
We are adding to our IT team that supports GGV Capital’s global technology platform in our Silicon Valley and China offices. As with most VC firms, you’ll need to bring not only a deep set of technical skills and willingness to take on all challenges big and small, but more importantly, a great attitude, excellent communication skills, and a passion for providing amazing technical support! You will be using your past experiences in building a world class IT department, while constantly thinking outside the box to deliver new solutions and resources to the firm. Are you ready for the challenge?
You will be responsible for network / server / cloud infrastructure and day to day end-user IT support in the US, assisting the team in Asia as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for resolution of user issues using strong problem-solving techniques, frequent communication, and high attention to detail.
- Provide outstanding customer service to GGV Capital employees in a timely fashion and follow-up on issues to make sure they are resolved. Document status and findings to share with the team.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of GGV’s Information Technology and communications infrastructure, including laptops, mobile devices, email, internet access, phone systems, videoconferencing, remote access, servers, network infrastructure, and cloud-based services.
- Lead various IT projects, including security-related initiatives.
- Be available after-hours for weekly team meetings and support on an as-needed basis.
- Work closely with employees and consultants in Asia offices as an escalation point for issues that cannot be resolved locally.
- Provide needs assessment for user requests, eg: suggest new computer accessories or mobile apps that may solve particular needs.
- Work with all departments (Marketing, Investor Relations, Talent, HR, Accounting, Finance, Investment team) to collaborate on projects that will be beneficial to the firm.
- Run interference for VP of Global IT.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree.
- 5+ years of experience in a helpdesk, engineering, or system administration position.
- Time management skills. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Initiative to work independently with little oversight.
- Get the big picture. Prioritize to execute projects and tasks in a timely manner based on dynamic priorities of the firm.
- Excellent follow-through and the ability to pivot between user support, finding long-term solutions, and seeing projects through to completion.
- Great team player. Collaborate with the rest of the IT team in US and Asia and all other departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience leading IT projects from concept to successful completion.
- Strong people skills. Must genuinely enjoy working with people!
- Proactive and interested in bringing fresh new ideas to the team.
- Proficient in current versions of Windows, Mac OS, Office, and iPhone.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Technologies including Microsoft Office 365 Mail Platform, Windows Server, Active Directory, Windows laptop, Mac laptop, iPhone, Meraki network infrastructure, Shoretel phone system, Okta SSO, Audio-Visual system troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Venture Capital or Private Equity business.
- Knowledge of Mandarin/Chinese language a plus.