GGV Capital is a multi-stage venture capital firm investing in the U.S. and China. Founded in 2000, GGV manages $3.8 billion across eight funds. The firm’s funds have consistently performed in the top quartile for venture capital and private equity, with 19 IPOs and 19 M&As since 2010. GGV consistently builds category leaders in the key sectors of Frontier Tech, E-Commerce, O2O and SaaS/Cloud. The portfolio includes some of the industry’s most notable companies, including Alibaba, Airbnb, Boxed, Didi Chuxing, Domo, DraftKings, eHang, Grab, Houzz, Musical.ly, OpenDoor, Poshmark, Slack, Square, Wish, Xiaohongshu, Xiaomi ecosystem companies, Zendesk, and more.
We are now looking for a passionate Cross-Border Marketing Specialist to join our team:
This is a full-time role which reports to Hans Tung, Managing Director. We are looking for a writer who is ideally fluent in both English and Mandarin and thrives on creating ways to engage with others effectively – both in person and online. The optimal candidate understands the start-up world of Silicon Valley and China, and should be a self-starter requiring minimum supervision. Creative, organized, adaptive, quick learner are best descriptors of the right candidate.
- Create high-quality content in both English and Chinese for social media and other publications;
- Translate from one language to the other (English and Chinese) and keep with current idiomatic style;
- Nurture relations with Silicon Valley entrepreneur communities (especially Chinese-based communities) and universities, actively attend events to both create articles and content and build GGV’s network of contacts within the audience;
- Organize events such as demo days and social events, and coordinate US marketing activities with China-based colleagues to promote GGV’s global brand;
- Help GGV and its portfolio companies to seek deals and key talents;
- Have a good understanding of media and PR and can serve as the point of contact with Chinese media agencies in the U.S;
- Actively assist on research and due diligence functions as needed.
- Preferably a BA in Journalism, Marketing or Economics, advanced degree is a plus though not necessary;
- 2-5 years of experience in a marketing role or other relevant fields;
- Motivation and ability to learn things quickly on his/her own;
- Social nature and ability to network effectively to gain information and be noticed;
- Critical thinking skills to gather and assess relevant information, and ability to identify alternatives and communicate effectively with others to figure out solutions;
- Understanding of technology, start-up world and venture capital;
- Experience as an editor of student newspaper or other reputable publications in the U.S. a strong plus.